This global manufacturer of diversified industrial and automotive goods was in need of a data warehouse before partnering with Datasource. We provided multiple ETL developers and a reporting consultant to combine data from 23 different global ERPs into a Global Sales and Standard Margin Data Warehouse.
Before partnering with Datasource in 2011, this global manufacturer of diversified industrial and automotive goods did not have an existing data warehouse. Datasource provided multiple ETL developers and a reporting consultant to combine data from 23 different global ERPs into a Global Sales and Standard Margin Data Warehouse. The warehouse leveraged an Informatica ETL solution and contained consolidated data from multiple disparate source systems.
In 2016, the company then needed a reliable daily reporting method for global daily sales and margins across regions, customers, and products, while accounting for currency fluctuations and diverse customer and product definitions. They again turned to Datasource to implement and refine existing data validation and development tasks for the data warehouse with business users across several, remote divisions. The manufacturer had internal Program Managers and Architects in the Business Intelligence (BI) department managing the many different BI and ETL business projects. Datasource provided a Sr. Informatica ETL Developer to partner with the internal teams to design, develop, and deploy the integration mappings for the data warehouse.
This global manufacturer has been a Colorado staple since 1911 and has added operations in over ten countries. They manufacture products for several industries, including energy, automotive, industrial and infrastructure, and generate an annual revenue of over $3 billion.
• Analyze and validate the company’s existing data and mappings in the data warehouse
• Review data models and requirements with the company’s data architect and translate them into Informatica stage mappings
• Draft ETL design specifications and create, schedule, and execute data profiling jobs
• Work with the Data Warehouse Architect to perform source system analysis and identify key data issues through analysis of the data profiling results
• Assist with the implementation of ETL development guidelines, standards, and migration procedures and developed the Informatica ETL mappings
• Test the unit, integration, and system processes
• Perform troubleshooting and provide resolutions to existing ETL issues
• Assist in the design and implementation of the ETL scheduling and recovery strategy, and develop code-build instructions using the company’s standard templates to migrate code from development to testing to production
• Coordinate with their SCM resources to create a build sheet and code migration instructions for implementation
Datasource provided the manufacturing company with Senior Data Modelers, ETL Developers and Report / Dashboard Developers to define an end-to-end solution. This included working closely with stakeholders to understand complex requirements, which translated into prototypes that were then refined and ultimately became the Sales and Standard Margin Data Warehouse. The ETL Developers were responsible for analyzing global data and defining a sustainable and maintainable ETL solution. The process included defining development guidelines, creating reusable objects, and testing methodology. The Report Developer worked closely with business and modelers to define clear and understandable self-service reporting capabilities.
To support the diverse product and customer definition, Datasource developed a unique homegrown MDM solution using in-house tools and expertise to define customer hierarchies and link similar products across different regions.